PM-1127 fuses

dlhoulton

Registered
Registered
Hello everyone, I have a question about fuses on my 1127 lathe. My model has two fuse locations. One is on the back side of the head stock and the second fuse is located on the front, up next to the Emergency stop button. Yesterday the one on the front blew and for the life of me, I can not read what is stamped on it. So I pulled the one on the back location and the same. The imprint/stamped info is unreadable. The manual I have for the lathe only list one fuse (located in the back) and it only states "FUSE 15A". Would this mean it's just a regular 15A glass fuse that one can get from an auto parts store? I think I can faintly make out "250V" on one of them but not 100% sure. Any help sure would be appreciated.

Silly question, but have you called QMT and talked to anyone? I would think that Matt and the gang there would gladly tell you what you need for a fuse. I would personally think that you should be able to possibly source a fuse locally using what you already know, 15A 250v and same size body should get you what you need. As to the one that you cant read QMT should be able to help. This post was aimed to be helpful but I do not have a 1127.

Sounds like it was fused for Europe and no one caught it before shipping it to you
Mark

Well I took your advise Tweinke and called QMT. I got to say I have not been very impressed with there knowledge on these machines. This is not the first time I've asked for assistance on something on both my lathe and mill. Anyway I emailed and called and spoke with (Greg) and was told to get a 15A fuse for main and 5A for the other. Well I took my info and blown fuse to the fuse store and they asked me way more questions than I was prepared to answer. First off they asked if I needed 250V or 125V. They asked for physical size of fuse. They asked if I needed quick or slow blow fuses. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the blown fuse and showed them what I had. They also were unable to read it. One person thought he was able to make out 20A and 25 but was not positive if the 25 was for the 250V or 125V. So completely discouraged I left and called QMT (Greg) and told him my problem. It sounded like Greg was also not sure. Stating that my lathe was an older PM1127 and had two fuses. He said he wasn't sure and would have to call the factory. Greg told me in an email when I first contacted him that it needed a 15A in the main fuse and a 5A in the other. I asked him which was the main (front or back) I also told him that the fuse that blew looked to be a 20A but not positively identified. So I'm waiting to see what the factory tells him. In the meantime my lathe is down and I'm feeling very confused.

Just incase anyone has this model/version of the PM1127 (with two fuses), Greg from QMT informed me that the info he got from the factory is that both front and back fuse are 15A, 250V. In fact the part number for the fuse is "F15AL250V". Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for posting that, I'm sure that someone will need that info again. How old is your machine? Just curious. It sure does seem in this day and age that old can be a very short time for some items, all support or parts gone in a year or two which is a shame.

I got both my Mill (PM-25MV) and Lathe (PM-1127VF-LB) in 2015. Very close to being out of warranty!!

Hello everyone, I have a question about fuses on my 1127 lathe. My model has two fuse locations. One is on the back side of the head stock and the second fuse is located on the front, up next to the Emergency stop button. Yesterday the one on the front blew and for the life of me, I can not read what is stamped on it. So I pulled the one on the back location and the same. The imprint/stamped info is unreadable. The manual I have for the lathe only list one fuse (located in the back) and it only states "FUSE 15A". Would this mean it's just a regular 15A glass fuse that one can get from an auto parts store? I think I can faintly make out "250V" on one of them but not 100% sure. Any help sure would be appreciated.
i got a 11x27 2018 stamped on motor ,my health just got to the point where i wanted to start it, (still on pallet on the floor) it turned on ran it a few minuets then turned it off came back a little later to turn on. nothing. the digital lite comes on but that's it. never put any kind of load on it, just rotated head shaft. with that lite on, i don,t think it,s a fuse. thing is i can,t find any place to check. the manual is about useless it,s almost a different machine, i had been disable totally for almost 2 years and my warranty goes out around february i think. to be fair i haven't talked to matt yet, though i tried when i found other issuesa few weeks after i got it, just wish i had gave it a good workout the day i got it. but as to you wanting to know about fuse amp's on the safety switch on the gear cover is written 250 volts 14 amps (i thought this was fuse location but it isn't) no location in front or back panel. by the way .i had to turn it of and on with the emergency button it's different in book to push on push buttons had no effect, don't mean to talk so much, just disgusted

Last edited:
The safety switch on the gear cover will do what you are describing, power seems to be on, but the motor doesn't turn. Try removing the metal bit on the cover that goes in the switch and just push it in all the way. It should lock into place. See if that gets it going. If so, you can leave it that way, with the obvious risks, or put it back on the cover and be careful to make sure it pops into place when replacing the cover. It's pretty easy to miss when you put the cover on.

Also check the emergency stop, though it sounds like you know that works. Rotate to turn it back on.

For fuses, don't talk to the auto parts guys. They don't know crap. Voltage just determines the physical size of the fuse to make sure it can't arc across it. Amps are what you care about other than size. If it's the right size and amps, you're fine. I'm not sure where fuses are, I don't see any obvious places for them and I've never blown one.

The safety switch on the gear cover will do what you are describing, power seems to be on, but the motor doesn't turn. Try removing the metal bit on the cover that goes in the switch and just push it in all the way. It should lock into place. See if that gets it going. If so, you can leave it that way, with the obvious risks, or put it back on the cover and be careful to make sure it pops into place when replacing the cover. It's pretty easy to miss when you put the cover on.

Also check the emergency stop, though it sounds like you know that works. Rotate to turn it back on.

For fuses, don't talk to the auto parts guys. They don't know crap. Voltage just determines the physical size of the fuse to make sure it can't arc across it. Amps are what you care about other than size. If it's the right size and amps, you're fine. I'm not sure where fuses are, I don't see any obvious places for them and I've never blown one.
thanks, and you were right about the safty switch, but to be honest i found it a little while later, i took contact off cover and taped it down, (wouldn't recommend for some others). i am still lookin for overload protection..manual is worse then useless for this machine, pictures do not even show proper location for this.(it shows a location, but it ain't there. pretty sure motor info on machine is incorrect, as it looks like it,s been changed out, inside vf cover looks like a rat,s nest, pretty sure it,s a 3 phaze as i read 197 volts to ground, it has a delta vf on it. i use to be a pretty decent conventional electrician, but vf,s are before my time,and over my head, particularly with no schematic , or knowing for sure what i have. as i stated on another post, i bought it in early (2019) 2018 model, then got my self totally incapacitated for about 2 year,s or so,lathe is still setting on floor, and warranty runs out shortly, (time also as i,m 83 years old.) don,t mean to sound like i,m looking for sympathy, just information, thanks

Last edited:
Back