PM-1127VF-LB

One last thing. Before I got the PM1228 I had (still have) a South Bend 9C. The thing which always
bothered me (other than the flat leather belt and the lantern tool post) was the tiny spindle through bore.

I don't know what the PM1030 has, but the through bore of the 1127, 1228 and 1236 is 1.5". On my old
South Bend I was able to upgrade to a QCTP and an automotive serpentine belt, but I'm stuck with it's
tiny (I think) 3/4" spindle bore.

I had a small Craftsman 07301 that had less that 3/4" spindle bore. The 1030 is 1" I believe. I'm done with my morning chores so I'll give Matt a call.

PM 1022/1030 are 1" bore.

It's done, I've got the 1236 heading my way!! I didn't want to wait on the 1127 so I went with this. Buy once, cry once.

Jeff,

Did you get the 1236T? I would like to visit and check out your new toy once you have it running.

nez

Nez
I'll give you a call when I get her set up.

You do understand that we expect a full pictorial review, right? :)

Congrats on the new lathe!

Thanks Mike,
I'll take as many pics as I can. One of my students is loaning me 100' of rope and two rope blocks just in case the truck driver and myself don't have enough ass to pull the pallets up my driveway, it's UP HILL. I will rope off my lift and pull it up with the pickup.
Maybe next week if not, the following.

Hoping for a safe and successful delivery, Jeff.

I have an RF-31 mill on a steel stand. It weighs somewhere around 650# or so and was originally located at my neighbors house. ONE single Samoan guy loaded it onto a heavy duty handtruck and walked it down my neighbors drive way, then about 40 feet on a sidewalk, then up my driveway and into my shop - by himself! I don't need me no ropes or pickup truck; I got me a Samoan!

Reactions: Z2V
Back