PM 1228 220v?

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Has it been done? Just wondering...

If you can find a big 220 to 110 stepdown transformer that would be one way. Or do you mean convert the whole system to native 220 including changing out the motor? The 1228 has a brushless dc motor and controller
-Mark

Cabin fever thinking, I can hear the motor load when doing a .03 cut on 12L14 bar stock. I haven't pushed to see it it will go more or not.

I would go a size up from that lathe. The PM-1236 has a bigger and heavier construction, it has more low end torque having a gear box reduction to the spindle as opposed to a direct belt drive. More threading and feeding options. The price is comparable depending on options. The main feature you are missing out on is the variable speed. Though without a constant surface speed the feature will be rarely used.

My 1228 takes .05 cuts on 304 like it's nothing. I've taken up to .1 and it seemed to like it but kinda freaks me out. Only time the motor has struggled is when I've run a dull bit into a deep hole. That's my experience.

I'm curious too if the 1228 can run on 220v?

I'm seriously thinking about getting one.

Most inverter power supplies are smart enough to auto-detect if they're on 110 or 220, and don't care if they're on 50 or 60hz.

Back