Pm-1228vf-lb

MSD0

Registered
Registered
Does anyone have any experience with the PM-1228VF-LB? I think it's a new model with 12" swing and 28" between centers, D1-4 camlock spindle mount with 1.5" bore, 2 HP brushless motor, and quick change gear box for $2799. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the touch pad speed control.

image.jpg

Interesting. I've never even heard of that model yet. Sounds like it's a new offering so I doubt anyone here owns one yet.

I don't think it's on the website. Matt suggested the 12x28 as an alternative to the 11x27 because I plan on using a collet chuck (I'm assuming because of the d1-4 camlock mount)

Same here, Matt sent me photos of that one (1228VF-LB) when I was first shopping. I decided on the PM1127 instead. For me I just didn't like the "push button" variable speed change. Also the lowest speed was around 100 rpm in the specs he sent. The good was that it did have a powerful 2 Hp brushless motor that operated on 120 volt. Mater of fact just about everything on the 1228 was good. Just didn't like the push buttons! Matt did say that the new 1228's would arrive before the next shipment of 1127's would. Did I mention I just couldn't get over those push bottons!!

Does the 1228 have a 1.5" spindle bore like the 1127?

(I don't like push button switches, either.)

Did Matt mention when the 1127 will get here?

Same here, Matt sent me photos of that one (1228VF-LB) when I was first shopping. I decided on the PM1127 instead. For me I just didn't like the "push button" variable speed change. Also the lowest speed was around 100 rpm in the specs he sent. The good was that it did have a powerful 2 Hp brushless motor that operated on 120 volt. Mater of fact just about everything on the 1228 was good. Just didn't like the push buttons! Matt did say that the new 1228's would arrive before the next shipment of 1127's would. Did I mention I just couldn't get over those push bottons!!
The push buttons are the only thing holding me back as well. Is there an advantage to having a D1-4 camlock mount if I use a collet chuck? I plan on using collets for most of my work, so probably won't be swapping chucks very often.

Does the 1228 have a 1.5" spindle bore like the 1127?

(I don't like push button switches, either.)

Did Matt mention when the 1127 will get here?
The 12x28 has the same 1.5" bore as the 11x27. He said the 11x27's were about 6 weeks out when I spoke with him on 4/30/15.

Thanks, MSDO. I guess if I'd actually read the title of this item I would have known it was a large bore. :oops:

Ugh. 5 more weeks. When I called them a few weeks ago, they kinda left the impression that it would arrive a little ahead of schedule. Ten weeks from when I ordered it is next Friday.

What's the price tag on the 1228?

I'd also like to know if the D1-4 camlock is a better arrangement than the mount on the 1127. I don't plan on using collets.

I ordered my lathe (PM1127VF-LB) back on 3/5/15, my invoice stated that the lathes were 8 - 10 weeks out. 10 weeks was last week. Yes the spec. sheet said that the PM1228 had the same 1.5 bore.

Guess I'm one of the few who prefers digital speed control. ;)

That lathe looks very similar to the one that DroPros is selling. Haven't compared specs though.

Back