PM-1236 Engine Lathe Owner's Manual

65Cobra427SC

Registered
Registered
Forgot about the "Engine Lathe Owner's Manual" that came with my PM-1236... not a fan of paper manuals... not being able to search is a huge drawback. Out of curiosity I went online and found an "almost" dead ringer to mine in a fully editable PDF format. I'm betting this was the basis for our manuals.

The file is the Owners Manual for an Axminster CQ6230A-2 910 Metal Turning Lathe, although the download filename is "953449_manual.pdf" All that needs done is to compare the paper manual to the PDF and update the PDF accordingly. It looks as though the number of changes would be very minimal. I thought some others might be interested enough to make the necessary corrections so it could be made available to everyone. Although another thought would be to contact PM to see if they already have it in PDF format.

Attachments

• 953449_manual.pdf
    12.1 MB · Views: 267
Last edited by a moderator:
I did see that one and others similar to it but the manual I'm referring to is different... more tech and detail. I attached a couple pictures...

Cover.jpeg

Page 1.jpeg

Page 27.jpeg

Pages 32-33.jpeg

That's probably as close as I'll get to the Engine Lathe Owner's Manual I have but I'll eventually get around to updating it. Thanks.

Forgot about the "Engine Lathe Owner's Manual" that came with my PM-1236... not a fan of paper manuals... not being able to search is a huge drawback. Out of curiosity I went online and found an "almost" dead ringer to mine in a fully editable PDF format. I'm betting this was the basis for our manuals.

The file is the Owners Manual for an Axminster CQ6230A-2 910 Metal Turning Lathe, although the download filename is "953449_manual.pdf" All that needs done is to compare the paper manual to the PDF and update the PDF accordingly. It looks as though the number of changes would be very minimal. I thought some others might be interested enough to make the necessary corrections so it could be made available to everyone. Although another thought would be to contact PM to see if they already have it in PDF format.

Have you taken a look at the 1236 manual on PM's website? This is new material that was originated at considerable expense by PM, not translated from any of the usual Chinese sources.

Just downloaded and am reading the manual for the Axminster and notice it has a guard over the lead screw. Is that available for the PM-1236?

Are you concerned with protecting the screw or yourself?

Neither of my lathes has anything like that, chips don't usually make it onto the leadscrew and it's far from the most dangerous part of the machine.

John

Are you concerned with protecting the screw or yourself?

Neither of my lathes has anything like that, chips don't usually make it onto the leadscrew and it's far from the most dangerous part of the machine.

John
Good Morning, John. I guess protecting the screw. Though, thinking about it, being able to see the lead screw and knowing it is lubricated is likely more important than keeping chips off of it.

Back