PM 1236 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Hi.

NAPA brand from a local store. I used-up the last of some ISO/AW 68. The local stores often don't carry the 5 gallon pails but can get it with a few days notice. It's probably available in smaller quantities too but I'm not certain.

Ray

Ray what type and brand did you buy, was it local?

lanham

If you have a farm&fleet in the area, they'll have it in the store. Other tractor supply stores should have it too.

Ray,

I looked on the PM website and see there is an option for a 3-phase on the PM1236. I do not see pricing for the 3-phase option though.

Is this currently offered?

Jon

On most of the smaller PM lathes and mills... 3 PH or single PH are the same price... unless noted.
Now there are some fully variable speed (no gearbox) models... those are usually a bit more $$$. Note that a fully VS model is NOT a 3PH with a VFD.
I would ask when you are ready to order.

Okay, time for a PM1236 non-FAQ.

I know PM offers a 5c collet chuck that fits the lathe but I'm wondering about collet closers. QMT doesn't have them on their website. Has anyone ordered one from Grizzly or Enco (or elsewhere) to use on their PM1236?

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me resolve a problem I have. I purchased a used pm1236 and while the lathe is almost new the coolant switch was broken and a repair attempted by the previous owner. I replaced the switch and have sorted out the bulk of the wiring. I have one wire I'm unsure of its position or function this wire was left disconnected by the attemped repair. If anyone would be willing to open up the front cover and get a picture that shows the wiring that would be greatly appreciated. I tried to get help from PM but they did not have a machine available to get the needed information. Any help would be great.

Back