Pm-1236 is here!

Rogbo

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
It's here! It's here! My new Precision Matthews PM-1236 with quite a few bells and whistles is here!

But there must be some mathematical inverse double square of the negative formula about equipment delivery and the time needed to to open, set up, break in, and make chips. Oh well, trying to build my retirement home and my quiet little dream retirement workshop at the same time was bound to be tricky.

But it's here, and I'm glad I bought it before the house build sucked up my last nickle and ounce of sanity.

To be continued...
20200929_124957.jpg

Patches the apprentice.
The PM-1236 sitting where the house will start going up soon after. Hopefully.
20200929_124818.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome.....Buttttt.... are you going to build a campfire by it to protect it? As I read your post and then scrolled down I was "Oh!, He doesn't even have a house yet!"
I know what you mean about building a new house and trying to keep your sanity and money. I started building ours last year and I'm still working on it. Grrrrr

7milesup,

I bought this 3 acres because it already had a nice old double wide and utilities in. There's a nice bonus room that's becoming the shop. It all seemed so simple last year when we decided to build a stick house. Ugh. Anyway, that little ol' 12-36 is going under my pillow tonight!

I've probably looked at every picture of a PM lathe truck delivery, and I have to say the packaging / protection on that one is the best I've seen. Hope it's a trend, as I have a 1236T coming next week!

I bought this 3 acres because it already had a nice old double wide and utilities in. There's a nice bonus room that's becoming the shop. It all seemed so simple last year when we decided to build a stick house. Ugh. Anyway, that little ol' 12-36 is going under my pillow tonight!

I just looked up your location. Very nice spot! I love Oregon. Visited there a few times. Up the road a ways from you near Hood River is the one of the coolest museums that I have seen. ---> Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum <---

Very beautiful country! After the divorce I was looking at California and Arizona desert locations, then I came to Central Oregon to visit the kids and the house hunt began.

I've probably looked at every picture of a PM lathe truck delivery, and I have to say the packaging / protection on that one is the best I've seen. Hope it's a trend, as I have a 1236T coming next week!

Well, mine came today and the packaging was very good. I feel bad for the guys that had smashed crates.

IMG_5002.jpg

Nice LMS! Have you opened it up yet? I haven't got mine opened up yet. I won't have room till my G4000 sells.

And, ugh. I need a cherry picker and I live in the middle of nowhere and cherry pickers are no where to be found.

I did open up the crate and took out all the extras (chuck I bought, live center, toolkit, QCTP, etc etc). Tomorrow I am borrowing my friend's two ton cherry picker and drafting my son to help me get her into the shop!

Post pix and tips!

Back