Pm-1236 Lathe Manual

Looks good Matt, is the 1030V on the list too? Thanks.

Matt

Many thanks, yet another reason I'm glad I went with the PM1236 - very nicely doen manual. In an earlier post you mentioned that there was a new manual for the PM932 Mill, is that available? I have the PM932-PDF and am very happy so far.

It's a couple of threads down from this one. :)

Matt, are you planning on updating the 1127vf-lb manual as well?

We have a bunch of machines done now, the 25, 727, 932, 1236 are all done, and 1340GT is almost finished up. 1228 will be done as soon as the new models come in, we have to get back to that one. We will have them for all of the machines over time.

That's awesome Matt, thank you.

Mike.

Hi, Matt. Great job on the manual, but there's one important miscue in there: On page 19, the threading chart for the gears pertaining to the upper gear as being 24T, the settings for the gearbox have been transposed-for 16 tpi, for example, the setting should be MI not MII, and vice verse. All of the settings for those tpis should be reversed.(or just swap the MI and MII fields) I made the mistake of following this manual instead of the chart on the machine(which is correct) and tore my hair out for a while till I figured that out. Others should take note and avoid this mistake. Otherwise, very nicely done!

Matt nice job! For me being able to browse the manuals of prospective machine purchases is very nice, so at least a guy can get a feel of how the machine is built/operated. Still grinning when I use my PM727.

Matt, I just discovered this post. This is a great manual, and I already learned a couple things that I either missed or wasn't in the original! Reading about the Micrometer stop really makes me jealous though, it wasn't offered when I bought mine! LOL

I'll just sticky these all from now on when I see them.

Back