PM-1236T arrives after difficult journey

I'm curious why you didn't refuse shipment...

Hey! OP here..

On inspecting the crates and finding the damage I called Matt at QMT and he assured me they would take care of any issues. Satisfied with that I accepted delivery.

In the end, there was no damage beyond the paint defects as pictured above. Matt offered to send me new doors for the cabinets but I did not take him up on that offer.

I have an MT-5 test bar and, after carefully leveling up the lathe, measured the spindle TIR which is shockingly good. I could barely see any movement of a tenths indicator over the length of the test bar. Don't have the figures in front of me but they were amazingly close to perfect. I repeated the measurements a few times because I could hardly believe them..

In the end, I'm happy with the machine and turning out some good work with it.

MK

Hey! OP here..

On inspecting the crates and finding the damage I called Matt at QMT and he assured me they would take care of any issues. Satisfied with that I accepted delivery.

In the end, there was no damage beyond the paint defects as pictured above. Matt offered to send me new doors for the cabinets but I did not take him up on that offer.

I have an MT-5 test bar and, after carefully leveling up the lathe, measured the spindle TIR which is shockingly good. I could barely see any movement of a tenths indicator over the length of the test bar. Don't have the figures in front of me but they were amazingly close to perfect. I repeated the measurements a few times because I could hardly believe them..

In the end, I'm happy with the machine and turning out some good work with it.

MK
I know how that goes HA! Seem like PM has some darn good customer service. I'm looking forward to joining the tribe! Thanks for the response!

Back