PM-1236T Collect Draw Bar

If you are looking for a lever type, QMT sells one for the 1340GT which will also work on the 1236T. Also JFK makes custom collet closure parts and adapters. You can also make a 5MT to 5C adapter and make your own manual draw bar, lots of examples and plans listed by others. Also some that may be adapted. I use a set-tru 5C chuck with a speed handle that gets the collets in/out quickly and has very low TIR. If I was going to use a through the spindle type I would probably design a 5MT to 5C adapter that covered the D1-4 mounts and possible a system that used a D1-4 mounting system.

If you are looking for a lever type, QMT sells one for the 1340GT which will also work on the 1236T. Also JFK makes custom collet closure parts and adapters. You can also make a 5MT to 5C adapter and make your own manual draw bar, lots of examples and plans listed by others. Also some that may be adapted. I use a set-tru 5C chuck with a speed handle that gets the collets in/out quickly and has very low TIR. If I was going to use a through the spindle type I would probably design a 5MT to 5C adapter that covered the D1-4 mounts and possible a system that used a D1-4 mounting system.
Thanks for the info. I will look at making one. I am just unpacking the lathe but will be at it soon.

Ed

Back