PM-1340 GT Threading

And after he does all that I can set him up with a divorce attorney.
Wife encourages it, makes her feel less guilty when buying stuff. At least it is less expensive then my toys.

There is a forum member Chevy Sampath who is making PM1340GT gears out of Acetal/Delrin and it significantly reduces the gear train noise, although I found impact grease also helps. He may be able to make a 46T gear if it is a must have. He has a 1340GT and a PM-949, his shop is always immaculate, and so is David's. :adore:

This is his post on the stock gears and then hit the -> to go to the second video with the gears he cut.

Precision Matthews was able to source a non-standard gear for my PM1340 from the factory in Taiwan. Tell Matt at PM you need to thread 11.5 tpi as a requirement to purchasing a 1340. He can make it happen.

That sounds good, I will do so. Thanks for the info.

Mark has the master formula on this. Listen to him. He can make a 46t gear as part of his VFD build. I can make your oil distribution plate for the 1340 gearbox, and sell you the last MachTach kit I have on arbitrage, and Ariel can build your stand. I know a guy who does chrome plating in his garage for the custom Lista cab you will need for Ariel’s stand. You’re covered dude.
Hello David,

I am interested in the MachTach kit. What's included in the kit and how much is it?

Thanks,

Salah

I do not sell MachTach kits. Sorry.

Incidentally, I've seen some folks on eBay selling 3D printed lathe gears. Usually for the older machines, Logan, Atlas, Southbend, etc. But their listings say they will print any gear you need. Some also say they will replace them for free if they ever break. They are cheap and replaceable. I haven't tried them, but considered it when I had my Logan, because it was 100's of $$ for Logan gears and 10's of $$ for the printed ones. Just an idea.

you guys are far different from me, I could not/would not wait 2 months under any condition.

Back