PM-1340 GT Threading

I've had the same machines for a few years now. Still love 'em. :)

you guys are far different from me, I could not/would not wait 2 months under any condition.

The 935 will be here next week actually, but it will be September on the 1340. I still have my old lathe in the shop to use if needed. I normally would be chomping at the bit, but I have a lot going on right now anyway. My kid has a tractor restoration project going on, so we will be busy with that, and from what we took apart today, the mill will be pretty busy for a few weeks anyway.

I have a 14 x 40 and have had to make some change gears to get various threads. Another option is an electronic leadscrew.
There is a thread running here about it. Clough42 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKpbMimEGgLM_0tnghfoVw on YouTube has some videos showing his development of one.
The ability to swap from Imperial to Metrickery and any T.P.I or pitch you want plus any feed rate you want by pushing a few buttons is mighty appealing.

I would love to have a SB digital threading lathe (SB1009), but I'll need to win the lottery in order to get one. :)

You guys gave me an idea. My PM1022 is a little noisy and I have a Prusa 3D printer. Maybe I will get out my Taulman Nylon and print me up a few. :)

Back