PM 1340GT wanted in San Francisco Bay Area

I have only seen one 1340GT come up for sale in 5 years, it was in the Phoenix area and went for more than list. If it is well outfitted and in excellent condition, I think it would be in high demand as opposed to waiting months. Having it already is setup with a VFD system would be a plus, I think it would go quickly if it was in a local area. The demand seems to outstrip the supply.

Hey Rod,

I have no problem with 20, or even 30% off a lathe because it's used. But when you have one that is almost pristine/barely broken in, with thousands in extras and some clown tells you it's only worth 50% of purchase and the tooling has to be thrown in for free, I have a strong urge to physically throw them out the door... ;)

Yes, I agree and would do the same.

I have only seen one 1340GT come up for sale in 5 years, it was in the Phoenix area and went for more than list. If it is well outfitted and in excellent condition, I think it would be in high demand as opposed to waiting months. Having it already is setup with a VFD system would be a plus, I think it would go quickly if it was in a local area. The demand seems to outstrip the supply.

Precision Matthews will more of the PM 1340GT in stock in 6 to 8 weeks.
I will likely place my order in about 4-5 weeks if no hits on a used lathe comes around.

In the meantime, please pass on my inquiry to anyone you know who might be interested.

Rod in San Francisco

You'll have to be quick on the trigger if you do see one, lathes in this area seem to fly off the shelf so to speak-
I see them sell within hours now especially for smaller garage/hobby type machines
Mark

Sounds like the local housing market there. Come with cash, bid fast, bid over list price and don't even think about asking for an inspection.:)

Back