Pm 1440-hd Heavy Duty Lathe

Does anyone know the spindle height from the floor of the 14X40 HD. Thanks!

Received an e-mail today saying that my 14X40 had shipped, The wait was longer than expected, hope it will worth it. I am really looking forward to the lathe.

That is good news! :aok:

Please post some pics of that bad boy once you get it. :)

Any more updates on the new arrival? I am going to be upgrading lathes in 4-5 months and the 1440hd is on my list.

The lathe arrived with no problems, crate not damaged. Roadway did a great job! Well the lathe is even pretty to look at. I have leveled the lathe and have been learning the controls. I am running the spindle at different speeds un-loaded as well as the gear box. This is in addition to the recommended break in procedure. Made a few cut s on Al. Friday to see how the DRO works, never used a DRO before. The headstock is quitter than I expected. And the change gears are also smooth and quite. I am going to make some test cut on steel (drill pipe) this week-end. I am more than pleased with the lathe. Long way from a 13 inch South Bend that is now for sale.

Also need to state: Quality Machine is top notch, did and proved what the said.

try reposting that. I don't see a picture, all I see is a little red X.

If you need a place to load your photos to so you can link them here, I recommend photo bucket.

Back