Pm 1440-hd Heavy Duty Lathe

I have not found the tailstock Quill to be sloppy. Did you check the clearance.
My lathe does look like a Jet GH-1340 and 1440 models and the motor is Labeled JET---Go figure. If it is the same, seems to be a good buy from Quality Machine.

I have been using the lathe making a few small parts. Two shafts to build an elastic bandage wrapping machine that weight lifters use to re-roll
ace type bandages. Used the lath to cut " Birds mouths" in some pipe couplings for welding to 1.75 tubing. Learning to use the DRO. A DRO makes setting the tapper attachment easy.
Does anyone know how much oil the Head stock holds-- just a rough idea?

have been working the lathe turning a chuck adapter for a new 3 jaw chuck that I have. Just to see, I took a few cuts at .250 per side.
Still trying to learn how to posy pictures.

Anyone have a picture of inside the drive gear cabinet on the head stock? I'm curious on how easy it is to do gear changes with the full enclosure?

Thanks,

Jay

Send me your E-mail address. I have a couple pictures I took with the cover off when I changed the oil for the first time. I also needed to drill two holes to mount a chuck guard on the head stock. Wall thickness was unknown. Are you having problems with the head stock or gears?

Thanks. I sent you a PM with my email address. Also if you don't mind... can you tell me what the length of the spindle is through the head?

Jay

IMG_5714.JPG

Thanks Matt!

A safety switch in the door? Really? Like the rest of the machine isn't dangerous. Must be a lawyer thing...:rolleyes:

The spindle is approx. 21 3/16. I am having trouble sending pics. They keep being rejected by Comcast (mx30@comcast.com) ???

Back