Pm 1440-hd Heavy Duty Lathe

Thanks for the dimension.

You have the email wrong. Try js3mc@

The lathe arrived with no problems, crate not damaged. Roadway did a great job! Well the lathe is even pretty to look at. I have leveled the lathe and have been learning the controls. I am running the spindle at different speeds un-loaded as well as the gear box. This is in addition to the recommended break in procedure. Made a few cut s on Al. Friday to see how the DRO works, never used a DRO before. The headstock is quitter than I expected. And the change gears are also smooth and quite. I am going to make some test cut on steel (drill pipe) this week-end. I am more than pleased with the lathe. Long way from a 13 inch South Bend that is now for sale.

How are you liking the lathe, I love mine.

A safety switch in the door? Really? Like the rest of the machine isn't dangerous. Must be a lawyer thing...:rolleyes:
OSHA standards.

You bought a machine that is a professional level instead of the home shop stuff the rest of us have.

The real question: does it have a safety switch on a chip shield over the spindle?

:D :D

To answer question. I like the lathe very well. It did not come with a chuck guard, I added one. I do not think a guard is mandate by OSHA. Part of my responsibilities as a supervisor for ExxonMobil was OSHA compliance. Chuck guard for manual machine never was question.

Good to see a picture of one of these machines. I have a 1640hd on the way and have been trying to find some good pictures of one. But it's only a few weeks away so the longest part of the wait is over. Great looking machine.

CM the PM 16X40HD looks to be a lot heaver machine than the 14X40Hd---nice machine.

I left my lathe electrically energized for a couple of days by accident. Will this hurt anything ? I don't think it should. Any comments?

I wouldn't want to make a habit of it but it want hurt anything aslong as there is no power surges/storms etc.

I left my lathe electrically energized for a couple of days by accident. Will this hurt anything ?
The only thing that is powered is the control power transformer (which may or may not buzz).

So essentially you just burned up 48 hours of its life expectancy.

You might want to ration it better in the future, since it probably will only last for another 350040 hours.... and it costs like $20...

Back