PM-1440E-LB used

srfallsallot

Registered
Registered
I have have been shopping for a lathe for a long time. I have looked at this lathe from PM new. It has the DROs. This lathe came up in my area. It is listed as being in excellent condition. It has all the original tooling and my include some extra tooling. $3000. It is about 250 miles from home. I have no idea what I am going to do with it I just want it. I have to reconfigure my garage and get ride of a lot of stuff. If I do this right I will still be able to get my 2 vehicles in. I have a recently purchased PM932 with the power down feed and the DROs which I like a lot. Please talk me out of it.

$3K is almost 50% off the price of a new lathe. That is a heck of a lathe for not a lot of money. If it is truly in excellent condition then I would jump on it.

Agree, very nice lathe, 2" spindle bore, at 1800 lbs it is going to be very solid. As long as it is in very good condition, I would go for it.

I have have been shopping for a lathe for a long time. I have looked at this lathe from PM new. It has the DROs. This lathe came up in my area. It is listed as being in excellent condition. It has all the original tooling and my include some extra tooling. $3000. It is about 250 miles from home. I have no idea what I am going to do with it I just want it. I have to reconfigure my garage and get ride of a lot of stuff. If I do this right I will still be able to get my 2 vehicles in. I have a recently purchased PM932 with the power down feed and the DROs which I like a lot. Please talk me out of it.
If it's as described, it's a very good deal. If you are worried about still fitting 2 cars in the garage, trade one in for one of those "smart cars" like a Chevy Spark. Takes up a little more room than a garden tractor .

Bruce

Or you could go vertical
3AB51647-76ED-4D6F-969D-0A79763E38DA.jpeg

Looks like the lathe was used to turn electric motor armatures and even brake drums. Hard to tell though if it was just some guys home shop or if it was a business.

Back