PM-25MV delivery and setup pictures, power feed issue.

I could make my own bracket and mount, but I have 12 months worth of projects in line now. I am sending off the email to PM now. I will upload the pictures that I sent them.

No worries, you're not alone and you bought from a good company!

Thanks. If I was to have a problem, this is the one that I would want to have! I was so happy that everything on the mill worked.

In the photos you will see the cracked bracket, T-nuts that are so large that grinding them would require grinding away part of the bolt hole, and that the limit switch is too tall.

The mounting bolts for the limit switch would have the limit switch an inch above the table.

Also, the T-nuts aren't tapped.

IMG_6651.JPG
IMG_6654.JPG
IMG_6655.JPG
IMG_6657.JPG
IMG_6661.JPG
IMG_6662.JPG
IMG_6664.JPG
IMG_6667.JPG
IMG_6669.JPG
IMG_6675.JPG

Also, the limit switch is hard wired into the main compartment for the power feed, so if they do send a limit switch that fits then I will have to reconnect the wires inside the new switch.

Looks like you will have to make/modify your bracketry for the limit switch. I chose not to use mine at all after failing to make it fit on the back side of the table on my RF-31. It's imprecise, awfully bulky, and I'm not sure if I understand it's purpose. But that could just be my phonetic reading level.

We had it running. It can go quite fast to really slow or anywhere in between. It is a little noisy, but that doesn’t bother me.

If I used this limit switch, the locking levers for the x and y axes would have very little room to maneuver. Putting a limit switch there really illuminates how short the distance is between these two levers.

It seems like the limit switch I received is made for a larger mill.

Yes, I could make a custom mounting plate for the back of the limit switch. I will post what PM says as soon as I hear back from them.

I bought the power feed to save time, reduce operator fatigue and hopefully get a more consistent surface finish.

I bought the power feed to save time, reduce operator fatigue and hopefully get a more consistent surface finish.

Then you won't be disappointed. It definitely does all of those things. I don't regret ditching the limit switch. If the spindle is turning, I'm at the helm. Most machines have a crash point, so not having stops is not new. Power feed is a fantastic mod and well worth any effort it takes to fit a unit from Xiangzhao onto a machine from Guangdong using a parts kit from Xaimen.

Looking forward to more of your progress.
I am planning on a mill by next summer. Have a few wood working projects to do to move lumber out of the way for the mills spot.

I don't use the limit switches, either.
I would always be at the helm, too. If not using the limit switch is a practical option, I would be amenable to that choice, primarily for the purpose of providing plenty of room for my x-and y-axes stop levers.

This would be a matter of the mill operator ALWAYS being mindful of the setup. I understand that the power feed crashing into the mill would be a terrible development.

Back