• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

PM-25MV headed my way!

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Dawn

Hi all,

I was the one who posted in the Grizzly section that I was interested in the G0795Z. And I really appreciate all of your comments and advice.

My first reconsideration was a PM-727V. However, after really thinking this through I feel confident that the PM-25MV is going to be quite enough machine for my needs. So, I ordered it this morning.

Why does it take so long to get here.....:adore:

ttabbal

Congratulations! Sadly, they can't teleport the machines into our shops, but they do at least try to get them to you quickly. I really like my PM 1127 lathe and the support I've gotten from them. It took a few months to get, as I had to wait for it to come from China, but it was worth the wait.

shooter123456

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Congratulations! As ttabbal mentioned, they can't teleport machines, by PM sure does try. My PM-25 shipped literally overnight. It was shipped on a Tuesday afternoon and was in my garage Wednesday evening.

Good luck with the new machine and don't hesitate to ask questions here if you have them. There are a lot of people willing to help!

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
Congrats! I no longer have my PM25, but as shooter said, there are lots of knowledgeable folks here that can help with questions. We'll even help you spend money on extras and tooling! :)

T Bredehoft

Active User
I pretend my PM25 is a real mill, and use it as such. Yesterday and today I drilled holes and machined openings in a 7 1/2 by 17" piece of 1/8 aluminum. Some holes were round, three rectangular (I had to file the corners square). Sure, I had to move the piece a time or two, but it got the job done as I wanted. You will enjoy operating it.

WyoGreen

Well, I don't know about PM shipping quickly. I ordered my machine March 3rd on back order and was told 6 to 8 weeks. I'm still waiting.

Steve :frown:

ttabbal

Well, I don't know about PM shipping quickly. I ordered my machine March 3rd on back order and was told 6 to 8 weeks. I'm still waiting.

If they don't have them in stock, shipping is a guess. They are are the mercy of the factory in China and container ships. That's what happened to mine as well, but they were good about letting me know what they knew. They even gave me the name of the ship so I could watch it work its way over from China. I also knew from reading here and such what to expect. I do see how it can be frustrating, I hope your ship comes in soon.

Dawn

Cheer up Steve. I'll let you have yours before I get mine.....:grin big:

Seriously, I hope you get it soon!

Kiwi Canuck

Dawn, excellent choice on the PM25V and welcome to HM.

The PM web site shows it in stock so you should have it in 10-14 days.

David.

Dawn

Ohh my gosh!!!

Happy dance! Just got confirmation of ...SHIPPING!:chunky:

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
We require lots of pics and your impressions of the machine once you get it.

Have fun! :D

wlburton

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Not quite sure where I'm going to put it yet....

View attachment 270274
I can see why you ordered a mill. There is far too much space between those machines. It looks like you can actually walk between them! (Beautiful shop, by the way.)

Bill

RandyM

Staff member
Actually, I think you'll have plenty of room once you clear out all the wood working stuff. :grin:

Seriously though, I think you'll find a nice cozy spot once you give it some thought. I can tell you are an organizer and will be fine. :encourage:

A shop you can be proud of!

Last edited:

ttabbal

That shop is so.... Clean... How?! I didn't think it was possible for a shop to look that good based on the pics I've seen, and my own shop. :)

Dawn

That shop is so.... Clean... How?! I didn't think it was possible for a shop to look that good based on the pics I've seen, and my own shop. :)
Ohhh....you think I actually 'work' in it. I just sit back and look at it.:chunky:

tcarrington

Making miscellaneous parts for years now
I am liking the PM25V I got a few year ago. Unsolicited advice - if you are going to wood work in the same area, consider keeping the metal working equipment covered when wood working. Easier to keep them oiled without sawdust.

Dawn

I am liking the PM25V I got a few year ago. Unsolicited advice - if you are going to wood work in the same area, consider keeping the metal working equipment covered when wood working. Easier to keep them oiled without sawdust.
I appreciate your thoughts. I do have another space that I'm considering using and may just do that. Although I really don't like the idea of going back and forth form one to the other. Perhaps......a partition between the two spaces. ;)

WyoGreen

Good to hear that it's on the way. Mine is also on the way, so I suppose I better go out to the shop and do my own happy dance.:eagerness:
Steve

ttabbal

Gotta love the "new tool on the way" feeling! I'm looking forward to hearing yourt houghts about them.

WyoGreen

Hey Dawn, looks like you have some pretty good dust collection in place on your wood working equipment, so maybe the dust won't affect your metalworking stuff too bad. I keep an old bath towel over all my equipment just to be sure everything keeps relatively clean. Central dust collection is on my "around to it" list.:encourage:

Steve

Smithdoor

Active User
Great. Shop
Next step is welding

Dave
Thanks, Dave!

:chunky:....Millermatic 252 and an old Millermatic 200 as a backup...:congratulate:
Miller is very good brand of welder
I have own Miller and they work great

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

dcsleep

Swarf
Registered Member
Received my PM-25MV a couple of weeks ago. Took a little time to get it set up but have made my first chips on it. First milling machine and loving it so far!

Dawn

Took a little time to get it set up but have made my first chips on it.
Would you mind letting me know what you found the most challenging in setting it up?

Thank you!

Smithdoor

Active User
Would you mind letting me know what you found the most challenging in setting it up?

Thank you!
Sounds great
Any photos of machine

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

dcsleep

Swarf
Registered Member

Thank you!
I disassembled the mill to make it more manageable to get into my basement shop by removing the headstock and table. This is something I wanted to do anyway to make sure everything looked good, was clean and well lubricated. So breaking it down and putting it back together took most of the time. Found it easy to move in parts by myself with an appliance dolly.

I did a quick check to ensure the column and table were square. Didn't find anything alarming - slight tilt forward but nothing I think I'll worry about. Adjusted all the gibs. Trammed the head. Installed and trammed the vise. Started making chips! All in all it was running about a week after I received it.

Last edited:
[6]
[5] [7]