PM-25MV headed my way!

Good to hear that it's on the way. Mine is also on the way, so I suppose I better go out to the shop and do my own happy dance.:eagerness:
Steve

Here Steve, I'll join you!

tenor.gif

Gotta love the "new tool on the way" feeling! I'm looking forward to hearing yourt houghts about them.

Hey Dawn, looks like you have some pretty good dust collection in place on your wood working equipment, so maybe the dust won't affect your metalworking stuff too bad. I keep an old bath towel over all my equipment just to be sure everything keeps relatively clean. Central dust collection is on my "around to it" list.:encourage:

Steve

Received my PM-25MV a couple of weeks ago. Took a little time to get it set up but have made my first chips on it. First milling machine and loving it so far!

Took a little time to get it set up but have made my first chips on it.

Would you mind letting me know what you found the most challenging in setting it up?

Thank you!

Would you mind letting me know what you found the most challenging in setting it up?

Thank you!
Sounds great
Any photos of machine

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I disassembled the mill to make it more manageable to get into my basement shop by removing the headstock and table. This is something I wanted to do anyway to make sure everything looked good, was clean and well lubricated. So breaking it down and putting it back together took most of the time. Found it easy to move in parts by myself with an appliance dolly.

I did a quick check to ensure the column and table were square. Didn't find anything alarming - slight tilt forward but nothing I think I'll worry about. Adjusted all the gibs. Trammed the head. Installed and trammed the vise. Started making chips! All in all it was running about a week after I received it.

Last edited:
Back