PM-25MV headed my way!

Well, it's a good thing I have woodworking to occupy my ...idle time. I just found out I'll be without my new mill for at least until next Tuesday. To make matters even more concerning, it was interlined with a company who I've had a particularly baaadd history with, in getting things undamaged.

Fingers crossed.

That's a bummer. Hope everything arrives in good shape, once it does show up. I'll cross my fingers for you too.

Would you mind letting me know what you found the most challenging in setting it up?

Thank you!
I was (well, still am) a machining newbie so everything about setting up my PM25 was an adventure and a joy. Even just figuring out which tool I had that could cut the metal crating bands. It is all set up and running well now. The hardest for me was getting the nod of the head set at 90 degrees. I did all sorts of measurements and angles to figure out how much shim to put under the bolts. Loosened the bolts and llifted with the HF shop crane, dicker and diddle. As I said, I am a newbie. Eventually got it pretty good. I can still measure some more nod adjustment would be helpful, but I do not think I have the skill to do better than I have. It is more than good enough for what I want (visually square blocks, even if I can measure otherwise). Enjoy. -Bill

Back