PM-30 finally arrived!! Unboxing, cleaning, and set-up....

wileel

Registered
Registered
After a long wait the VERY big brown truck showed up yesterday and delivered the mill. Crate was in good shape except for one gouge and had shifted on the skid so it was a leaning a little (crate foot slid between the skid slats), and the vice was strapped to the top... so first impression was good!

Popped the bands and a few screw later we were inside. The tear in the crate had just missed the chip tray so there was no damage at all the the contents, but did note something odd....the chip tray is nailed to the inside of the crate through a mounting hole, dont know what I was expecting but I guess I was expecting a screw to make getting it off easier. No big deal really just an observation..

The machine looked quite good. There were a few spots where the paint is chipping and a few scuffs but all in all very nice and thankfully the entire mill wasnt dipped in cosmoline, looks like mostly just the table. Also, just FYI the machine DOES come with a power cord...I didnt remove the zip tie but looks 3 feet or so, its too short for my set-up so added a longer cord last night.

Today is cleaning day, Ive got a bunch of mineral spirits, and thoughts if that would be ok on the paint?

IMG_5533.JPG

IMG_5534.JPG

IMG_5536.JPG

IMG_5539.JPG

IMG_5541.JPG

Mineral spirits should be fine, it's mild
Cool machine!
Mark

Nice looking machine there dude. Have fun with it! :)

That is a nice bench mill, and with the belt drive, COOOL.:encourage:
CH

Thanks, cant wait to get back home and start playing with it. Only had a couple weeks with it but seems like it will be way more capable than me. Haven't made anything great yet, just carved out some HDPE to table covers and made a small bracket to hold my x-axis home switch. Making both gave me a greater appreciation for the importance of planning out your process VERY well so you don't have to keep moving the part or swapping tools.

Back