PM-30mv - Acorn, Arizona99 CNC kit, Clearpath Servo build

Plan on doing same setup as Paul with my Craftex CX601 mill from Busy Bee - Paul, by any chance do you have a wiring schematic for your control panel, seems very well built. Thanks!

My new Z axis drive motor next to my Clearpath nmea 34 motor. It weighs 70 lb. Lots more upgrades coming soon.

338F917D-2542-4BEA-8043-057DBC4F05F5.jpeg

Well you trolled me there. Of all the CNC machines I have worked on, Okuma's have been the best mechanically. I maintained a group of them at my previous job and they had one from 87(still had a tape reader) 88 (8" floppy disk) and 6 big 800mm pallet horizontals put in in 96. They just didn't have issues. The first way cover on the horizontals they replaced was when the machines were 25 years old. None of the G&Ls, toyodas and mazaks we had could claim that and sure as hell none of the german machines. Never a ball screw, nor a motor. DId have to replace a tool changer cam box as one mechanic replaced the push/pull rod and didn't install the spacer(that was supposed to be ground to size) and it crashed into the spindle nose cause he just let it eat instead of walking it through.

Only other issue they had was chips on the pallet changer up switch.

I hated the controls on it and how they did things in the controls.

Back