PM-30MV headed my way!

In the past, when I needed to do some milling, I'd slap on the milling attachment I made for my lathe. All it could handle were very light cuts.
Fast forward to today, I got to try out some milling on the new mill, and was astonished by the difference. I imagine I had a grin from ear to ear. :grin:
The power feed is great, glad I added it, and the DRO is pretty darn nice also. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the machine.
Changing R8 collets however is not fun. :( I think dealing with that may be one of my first projects for the mill.

Anyway, breaks over, time to go back to play, err.... I mean work. ;)

Steve

That’s how it worked for me too. My drill chuck did not ship even though ordered with my machine on 3/6 and delivered 6/27. (Invoice 2018-8260.)

Sorry to clutter your thread but I want to report that as soon as I asked PM about the missing chuck, they realized what went wrong with their process and have one ready to come out to me. It makes me feel even better about my choice to choose them as my vendor. (I managed to power up my 30MV and it’s nice and smooth; I’m excited to start cutting metal.)

Yes, I just got an email from Matt saying they found the chucks over in their new warehouse so they should be shipped out soon.

Steve

Last edited:
I've been running the mill for a week now, and am still very pleased. I've been using my electric drill and a socket to speed up the collet process, and that works fine for now. I installed a LED halo light around the quill, and that works nice also. I still have not received a shipping notice on my missing drill chuck, so I guess I'll have to call Matt on Monday to see why it hasn't shipped. Other than that, life is good. :grin:

I received my chuck yesterday and it is a nice piece. That should pretty well wrap up this saga.

Everyone have a good weekend, and I'll be posting again I'm sure, Steve :cool:

I received my chuck yesterday and it is a nice piece. That should pretty well wrap up this saga.

Everyone have a good weekend, and I'll be posting again I'm sure, Steve :cool:

Have fun with that thing! :)

I've been running the mill for a week now, and am still very pleased. I've been using my electric drill and a socket to speed up the collet process, and that works fine for now. I installed a LED halo light around the quill, and that works nice also. I still have not received a shipping notice on my missing drill chuck, so I guess I'll have to call Matt on Monday to see why it hasn't shipped. Other than that, life is good. :grin:

What halo light did you get? If you can snap a photo that would be great.

My PM30MV is also setup and running but I'm still waiting on my drill chuck also.

Hi digadv, I bought this one off ebay. There are a zillion Halo lights out there in almost any size you want. I turned a ring out of aluminum that the plastic cover clips over, and counter sunk 3 holes for some small rare earth magnets to glue into. This whole assembly just sticks to the spindle and the leads route to a 12 volt power supply I had laying around that sets on top of the control box. I wrapped a piece of green electrical tape around the outside edge of the plastic houseing to cut down on glare, and it gives it a kind of cool green glow around the spindle. I suppose I should take a picture of the setup just for documentations sake.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=251564693042&view=all&tid=2288614751015

Steve

Back