PM-30MV Leadscrew Mounts

fursphere

Registered
Registered
Hey folks,

I noticed on my PM-30mv that the X and Y lead screw nuts where loose. Not the backlash adjustment, but the nut-to-table screws were loose. The x-axis was easy to fix, but the Y-axis - can't seem to get at them?

Is the only way to get at these bolts is from underneath? Meaning I'll need to pickup the mill with an engine hoist and mess with them while its in the air? (or break out a hole saw and cut a hole in the table and drip pan directly underneath to get at it - which might make more sense in the long run).

Answered my own question. Looks like I have to pull the table top slide to get at the saddle lead screw bolts that hold the nut on. Oh joy. :)

Be sure to mention this little annoyance to PM so they can (hopefully) prevent it from happening to someone else
-Who knows maybe they'll send you a freebie of some kind
M

I ended up cutting a hole in the bottom of my table first, and the screws are put in from the top. THEN I looked in the manaul and found what shows to be the screws going through the ways on the saddles. Highlighted below for reference to anyone else that runs into this.

Screenshot 2021-10-06 204041.png
IMG_4007.jpg

I was having the exact same problem - as delivered my X-axis backlash was 0.005" and the Y-axis was 0.060". Adjusting the nut itself did nothing. Then read this and tightened up the two cap head screws in your picture above and wa-la! Y-axis backlash is now 0.005"!! Thanks for sharing this.

Back