PM 30MV X axis Power Feed

WyoGreen

Registered
Registered
I figured it was time to post some pictures of the modifications I made to the left end of my table for my X-axis power feed. As it comes from the factory, there is a bracket that clamps over the left end of the table that the power feed bolts to. It worked, but the clamp bolts and the bracket intrude into the "tray" at the end of the table, making it hard to clean. The oiler is also located on the side of the original end-plate, making it almost impossible to oil with the X-axis power feed installed.

I replaced the factory table end-plate with my new version, which is made from a chunk of aluminum I had laying around. I used the old end-plate as a pattern to locate the holes in the new plate. I also re-located the oiler from the side of the old end-plate to the top of the new plate, which makes it much easier to oil the lead-screw bronze bushing I installed in the new plate. I was intending to fancy up the plate a bit after testing, but it works so good I decided to leave it as is.

Overall, it is much easier to adjust the power feed on the new end-plate, and it seems to run smoother and quieter.

Steve

The bracket I replaced:
DSC_0009.JPG

Along with the original end piece:
DSC_0008.JPG

The X axis power feed on the new bracket. The white nylon clip on the side holds up the
limit switch wiring, keeping it from dragging on the table and also making it easier to clean
the table:
DSC_0003_v1.JPG

A view of the X axis motor off the new end-plate. Note that the old and new end- plates
are aligned with tapered pins, so care is needed when removing the plates:
DSC_0006.JPG

The old end-plate was all cast iron, I put a bronze bushing into the replacement end-plate:
DSC_0007_v1.JPG

And lastly, a view of the bottom of the power X-axis setup minus the shield:
DSC_0010.JPG

Good job! Thanks for sharing

Back