PM-45M-CNC Setup and Configuration with Mach3

I know I did not run any extra wires to my PC. It is connected to the AC Ground via the power plug and an Ethernet switch via LAN cable. We know Ethernet works fine with out running extra ground cables because it is used this way in millions of situations. I think the concern for careful grounding is more important if you are directly connecting to the PC via Parallel Ports. I don't remember exactly what I did with the ground connections on the BOB but probably connected them to the chassis ground of the Mill.

Guys i think i need some help. i have no motion dros move but movement of xyz. Boswell my mill is wired like yours. Meaning that dir,steps, e stop, and limts were different then GrayL. so here are the symptoms. 1 the status light on the 126 flash a code that i cant find any info on. it just flash 2. not a 3 then something like the manual codes refer to. this starts right after i hit the reset in mach3. 2 when i jog from the key broad the steps light on the 126 by the status flash. it looks like there are leds by the output port of the 126. Do those flash to? 3 did you guy have to do any thing to the 126 before you installed it. like change jumper or install software.

hey guys i got it what it was is my 126 shipped or i lost the jumper on jp6 so there where no outputs

Joe, good to see you found the problem. Is it all working now?

Joe, good to see you found the problem. Is it all working now?
yes and no lol. when I frist stast mach 3 it woks fine. meaning in input x1 it moves 1" but as soon as i load a g code it. it scales up. x1 is like 3+ inches. this is gcode that is known to run before the card. i never had this happen before. but the mach was trun key when i got it. is the a mach 3 scale setting im misssing? or in the smooth stepper?

yes and no lol. when I frist stast mach 3 it woks fine. meaning in input x1 it moves 1" but as soon as i load a g code it. it scales up. x1 is like 3+ inches. this is gcode that is known to run before the card. i never had this happen before. but the mach was trun key when i got it. is the a mach 3 scale setting im misssing? or in the smooth stepper?
nevermind i need to sleep or some thing! Had it on mm. and loading inch g code. lol

Just keep the questions coming. It seems to be working :)

Just like say after a couple of days running and playing around with the pmdx and smoothstepper on my mill, I am total happy with the upgrade. It is was well worth the couple of panic attacks I had. Just to confirm the backlash comp works , probe it works, my flood coolant works, my imach pendent works right for change. I would like to thank GaryL for the hard work he went through to make it so easy for me to do also a thanks to Boswell for noting the wiring differences in these machines and the quick replay time. Now on a new subject Has any one had any luck with a tool touch plate to auto Z0? what Im meaning is when i go to say g28 and change to a new tool it would come down and hit the plate or something and set zero for the tool.

Just like say after a couple of days running and playing around with the pmdx and smoothstepper on my mill, I am total happy with the upgrade. It is was well worth the couple of panic attacks I had. Just to confirm the backlash comp works , probe it works, my flood coolant works, my imach pendent works right for change. I would like to thank GaryL for the hard work he went through to make it so easy for me to do also a thanks to Boswell for noting the wiring differences in these machines and the quick replay time. Now on a new subject Has any one had any luck with a tool touch plate to auto Z0? what Im meaning is when i go to say g28 and change to a new tool it would come down and hit the plate or something and set zero for the tool.

Is this what you are looking for in the way of a tool setter?
20161109_081514_resized.jpg 20161109_081557_resized.jpg

Dimensions are 2" x 2" x 1" thick. Simple to make and easy to use. I will copy the button script when I get to the shop later this morning.

Tom S.

Back