PM 727M Enclosure

jaxpc

Registered
Registered
I just received my 727m, but I can't set it up until I do some shop construction. I'm not going to be using liquid
coolant. I would like to contain a lot of the chips if possible. Are there any plans for a simple, cheap, chip enclosure?
Or semi-enclosure, to keep my shop a little cleaner. A full CNC enclosure will not be needed. Thanks

This probably is not as glamorous as some setups but, I use little spring clips to hold pieces of cardboard as deflector shields. The cardboard that comes from cereal boxes is ideal. I have a couple wooden dowel rods and stuff them into a couple T-slot nuts for quick positioning. This localizes the cleanup immensely and is universally flexible -and cost essentially nothing.

Ray

I do something similar to Ray and have some clear panels screwed to on/off magnets I can move around. Stuff still flies... I keep meaning to put a shower curtain up I can draw into position when I know I have an operation with a big throw and out of the way the rest of the time. Also unglamorous though.

I use a few deflectors to keep much of the mess off the floor. The metal ends of the table come off with half a twist of the bolts holding them in place if I need the room for large pieces (which is rare).

41202546164_db7892d705.jpg

41634857401_a1ceafdaa8.jpg

41367523074_17986348e7.jpg

Some great ideas so far. I never thought of a shower curtain type setup.

Thanks for the links. I have seen a few of his You Tube videos. His PM 727m CNC project is pretty advanced. Some of the first videos
in that CNC series are good. The machine unboxing and set-up. But, his enclosure is full on CNC style and beyond what I need right now,
as a beginning mill user. They are good videos. CNC is far in the future, for me.

been working on that myself sense I got the machine. been a long road hope it pays off in the end. will try to get up pics.

2018 074.jpg

2018 076.jpg

2018 075.jpg

Back