PM 727M Enclosure

On y pm-932 CNC conversion I only have a half height enclosure. I works fine for most things even with the high volume of coolant I run. I do occasionally get some spray over the top but not enough to fret over. I started with a PVC pipe and shower curtain setup and later changed to a frame from 8020, aluminum sheet sides and lexan sliding doors. It is still an open top enclosure. I found that the coolant eventually makes the shower curtain material hard and brittle.

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/pm932-cnc-build.21442/post-432102

started off as something that was suposto be simple and quick/ but then I decided to wrap it in aluminum and add the chip pull out draws, what was I thinking. still need to make some back braces, side guards at the table edges and install the z axis motor, its a 3 phase gear motor and 150rpm whit a vfd 110 to 3 phase 1/4 hp.

Thanks Ryan. That is more along the lines of what I was thinking. Yes, a little higher on the ends would work for me, as well.
My brother is a aircraft homebuilder, and I might talk/force/bribe him into building me a enclosure. Your floor is really nice.
I can see why you want a nice enclosure. Love your rolling cart by the way.

Back