PM-727M Speed/gear selecter ?

Repvipers

Registered
Registered
Hey guys, brand new here. Just got my pm-727m delivered. Tested it on the palette, inspected it and everything seemed tip top. Fast forward two hours of installing it into it's new home... the high/low selector works perfect. The way the gear selecter is set up, it indicates 1/3/2 in a clockwise fashion. 1 and 3 work great... can NOT get the machine/selector knob to turn to go into 2... am I missing something here?

Perhaps what you think is 1 and 3 is actually 3 and 2. Try turning it more counter clockwise to see if maybe the markings are in the wrong places. If nothing else, call Precision Matthews and ask them. They know the machines...

On my PM-727M I need to rotate the spindle back and fourth a bit to align the gear teeth so it will shift smoothly, both the high/low and the 1/3/2 selector. I think it actually does say that in the manual. Speaking of the manual down load the one from the QMT website the one included with the mill is not very good the PDF manual on the site is pretty nice and in good English. Also if you continue to have troubles shifting the gears call Matt and he will certainly help you get a resolution. I forgot Welcome aboard! :encourage:

I downloaded the manual. The one that came with the machine was.... useless. It does not seem that rotating the spindle does anything, sadly. It just does not want to hit second gear :/

Greetings from a former Corvallisite, and welcome to the forum!

Back