PM 833-T Backlash

Ariel, I keep telling you, you should buy German engineering. Taiwan is chasing the "value engineering" curve to compete with the motherland.

:) Das est gut.

View attachment 321152
Yes David, it is a super nice machine, just too much for my skills and needs... Also what will I do if everything worked out of the box, nothing to fix and the factory technician will fly from Germany to set it up?

Anyway, I fixed my machine's problem, Y-axis backlash is now 0.005", same problem as the other posts. No need to disassemble anything in the machine. 99% of the time was spent building the tool to turn the loose Allen screw (6 mm tip) from underneath the table.

See pictures of the tool and also few more pictures and description in the PDF document attached. I hope this will help others facing the same problem.

20200416_020414c.jpg

20200416_020232c.jpg
20200416_020255c.jpg

20200416_020315c.jpg

20200416_021937c.jpg

Ariel

Attachments

• Fixing Y-axis Backlash in PM833-T.pdf
    900.8 KB · Views: 157
Ariel, It's good to see you got it to work. It has been awhile but I think I just moved the table to the right to access the third screw.

Bill

Last edited:
Ariel, you know I was just jerking your chain about the Deckel, right? I love the tool you came up with. Might be a new business opportunity there.

Ariel, you know I was just jerking your chain about the Deckel, right? I love the tool you came up with. Might be a new business opportunity there.
Of course I know. I also know that this is the Silicon Valley shop of David C. from the FOG forum. Beautiful machines with amazing engineering and manufacturing that probably are less relevant now with today's new multi-axis CNC and metal 3D printers taking over even for prototype work.

I was very happy and proud of my little tool at 2AM... it solved the problem. My son also made fun of me "...lol... you used a welder to make that tool?..."

Ariel

Back