PM 833T Milling Machine Stand by Hack Welder

I love the heavy hammered paint!

Welding is actually much easier than being the amateur lead trumpet player in a jazz band that does 2 hour sets of Basie and Ellington. Rehearsals are okay, but gigs where we fly through 30+ of those tunes are killer!

You may find the need to change out those small diameter metal feet for some larger diameter rubber bottom feet. Otherwise it looks like it will do the job

Those feet are 1 7/8" in diameter, have 1/2 x 13 thread, and are rated at 5000lbs each. How much bigger would I need?

It's not the thread size or rating. I have found the smaller, (less than 2") diameter steel feet tend to move on concrete floors. Ive had better luck, when a machine is not bolted down, with feet like the Mason Industries ML series. They have a vibration isolating center and a larger base The ML5 is 5" diameter with a 1/2"-13 shaft. Machines make much more vibration than one would expect, bench machines in particular tend to be top heavy. I had one about the size of the 833, on a welded frame of 2.5" square tubing with a full tool cabinet inside and it cut much better when I changed out the feet to a set of the Mason. I just made stand for my Jet horizontal band saw so I could add wheels to allow it to be moved to cut full bars. I added a tabs to hold a set of 4 isolation feet and it runs quieter than it did on the factory stand.

I had to trim the bottom shelf but not the top—which makes me wonder if I just didn’t try hard enough on the bottom shelf. My stands weighs around 160 lbs. The adjusters are critical on my 1” per 4’ sloped garage floor and these adjusters are great.

I just looked and sheet metal sides are spendy. Oh well......
If it was me, I would look on Amazon. If you have Prine shipping is free.....won’t take hits from tools etc, but will keep chips out.....take a look, there might be other thickness that would serve your needs and budget....

Back