PM-833T Shop Made Base

I still like the set-back of the drawers after using the setup for a couple of years. It makes it a bit easier to stand in front of the mill if you don't knock your feet and knees continually. Drawer access is fine, just the top drawer is not easily accessible in the back. I use it to keep spares and rarely used tidbits and have the stuff i store at the front (end mills and such) in bins.

I made the wood drawers 25.5" wide with 3/4 sides. That keeps the drawer fronts and most parts under 24" and makes good use of the birch plywood (which has become surprisingly close to price of cherry these days...). Happy to share the F360 model if that of of any use to you.
thanks, i think a slight revision giving my stand design a 'kick' space like typical cabinets might work well. i could always push the whole cabinet back if i decided it was beneficial. i was going to go with a 30" deep cabinet with 28" drawers for max storage, but the last few inches of depth seem a bit silly. plus it seems there may be an eventual need for a location for additional electronics in those last few inches.

im not worried about the cabinet - i do that for a living so this will be out of whatever is handy in the shop. i try to design my setups to be flexible in the future, so wood drawer are super easy to reconfigure as seems necessary.

Finally on the stand and powered. Haven't had time to do anything more than than test run it and make a random scrap from the stand a very square random scrap from the stand. I can see the need for may machine modifications already....

Can't wait to find the time to learn new things and make some tools! I really appreciated seeing everyone else's version of a stand so here is mine for the next person. All welded steel with a bolted on steel top ('cause i learned welding is hard and i suck at it) Custom insert plywood cabinet bolted to the frame. Seems super rigid. There are casters inside the frame, and leveler feet inside the legs to lock it in place. The plywood drawers are intended to maximize storage and be easily reconfigurable if i change my mind - which i inevitably do.

my pm833.jpg
If anyone really wants the plans i can post them.

Back