Pm-932 Cnc Conversion Build

Tom,

Are you still using the DQ860MA drivers on the X&Y? I've blown diodes off the bottom of both of the ones I started with. I switched to the KL-11080 combo driver/power supply similar to the DQ2722MA. So far I have not been able to blow those up....yet.:cautious:

Tom,

Are you still using the DQ860MA drivers on the X&Y? I've blown diodes off the bottom of both of the ones I started with. I switched to the KL-11080 combo driver/power supply similar to the DQ2722MA. So far I have not been able to blow those up....yet.:cautious:

Still have the DQ860MA drivers and no problems at all. It's a guess but I would look at your dip switch settings to make sure they are set correctly for your motors.

Tom S.

Edit: here's a pic of my settings.

DSCF1801.JPG

What's the voltage and wattage I would need if you don't mind me asking for the power supply?

The DQ2272 is rated at 8.0A peak current, 7.0A rated current. The stepper motor is rated at 8.0A and 5.36 volts. I like the driver/PS package. Make installation easier.

Tom S.

The DQ2272 is rated at 8.0A peak current, 7.0A rated current. The stepper motor is rated at 8.0A and 5.36 volts. I like the driver/PS package. Make installation easier.

Tom S.
Looks like a power supply capable of handling the Nema 42 would be the same cost and in some cases more than the cost of the driver board with the power supply so I'm just going to go with the KL-2283.

http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/kl-stepper-drivers/kl-22083

I'll use my extra stepper controller for a 4th axis in the future.

Hi Folks!
Long time no update due to funds and a change of plans. I got my bonus from work so it's time to purchase the rest of the parts I need for the conversion.
Looking at @TomS and @jbolt build logs it appears they're both using different sized ball screws.

TomS if I recall you're using
2005 on the Z axis
and 1605 on the X & Y axis

Jbolt
I recall is using 2005 on all axis
but would have swapped out to a 2505 for the Z axis.

Since I already have the 1600oz steppers for the X and the Y and will be ordering the stepper (4200oz) for the Z axis should I go with all 2005 for all axis or should I go with 1605 or 2005 for the X and Y axis and 2505 for the Z?

Also I know this will differ but what were the rough or exact lengths for each axis when you ordered?

Any information is highly appreciated :)

If I were to do it again it would be 2005 on the X & Y and 2505 on the Z.

Attached is the specification sheet I sent to Chai. I would use double ball nuts vs the two single nuts on each axis.

Attachments

• Ballscrew_specification_20140102.pdf
    236 KB · Views: 225
If I were to do it again it would be 2005 on the X & Y and 2505 on the Z.

Attached is the specification sheet I sent to Chai. I would use double ball nuts vs the two single nuts on each axis.

Thanks for the quick reply and the information Jbolt!
I will get the 2005 for the X&Y and the 2505 for the Z.

Will the FK15 suffice for the larger 2505?

The 2505 typically uses a BK20/FK20 bearing block. I would go with the FK20. The end of the shaft where the coupler to motor goes can be 11-15mm so match it to your motor shaft. If the motor shaft is an imperial unit (1/2") then specify 12.7mm and make a note of it on the order and in the email. Works most of the time but I have had a few come just 12mm.

The 2505 typically uses a BK20/FK20 bearing block. I would go with the FK20. The end of the shaft where the coupler to motor goes can be 11-15mm so match it to your motor shaft. If the motor shaft is an imperial unit (1/2") then specify 12.7mm and make a note of it on the order and in the email. Works most of the time but I have had a few come just 12mm.

Sweet will do Jay, I'll be ordering this Monday once I measure what all my lead screws lengths are since they vary each machine.
I wanted to get a rough estimate on the price of the ball screws.

Quick question for everyone that has done a build with the rong-fu sized machines. What did you use to lift the head and the table off safely? Engine hoist?

Back