PM 932 mods????

I would also like to come. Up with a power draw bar for my pm932. I didn't see any answers to the above post. Any information available information? As the pm932 seems to be a very capable machine in its stock form a power drawbar is one modification or add on that would make it a lot nicer to use.

I'm not aware of any particular kit for an automatic drawbar for either the 932 or PM45. Since it's the same drawbar format as a Bridgeport, I'm sure something could be adapted to work.

Yeah, I guess it would be nice to have if it were highly reliable and inexpensive. Let us know if you come across anything.

Ray

I just my little Dewalt 1/4" impact driver with a 17mm socket on it to zip the drawbar in or out. I use hand wrenches to break the draw bar lose and for finial tightening. Not an automatic systems but it beats doing it all manually.

I have a shop made power draw bar on my Enco bridgeport clone and when discussing it with my buddy about adding one to his new PM-932, I thought I remembered getting some/most of my ideas from a web site that the guy had made one for a IH (Industrial Hobbies) mill which is an early version of a RF-45. So I went on a search and found the article/post, and it should be very close to the 932 - or maybe the same. Its by Bob Warfield on his "CNC Cookbook" site and is very detailed (as is everything Bob does) The heart of it is a common - read: cheap - butterfly impact wrench from our old friend Harbor Freight. Its an old article - sometime around '06-08?? so there may be a outdated info, but the basic idea is very valid. I have had mine - from a HF butterfly - some 4-5 years and it is just the neatest thing since sliced bread! Check it out and make yourself one and enjoy ... heres the link

http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCMillDrawbar.html

I am getting ready to leave on vacation for a couple of weeks. When I get back I think I am going to tackle the drawbar project as described in the above post. The top of the industrial hobbies machine looks to be similar to my 932 so with a few tweaks here and there I think I can make it work..:). Thanks for the info Pacer..:)

Are there plans available for a power draw bar for a PM932 mill or just build as you go approach? Any body with experience in this effort?

Are there plans available for a power draw bar for a PM932 mill or just build as you go approach? Any body with experience in this effort?

I was just reading through some threads thinking about the same thing , and this fits on the 932 according to someone on the forum, can’t remember how it was posted
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PNUEMATIC-...688366?hash=item1c341223ee:g:JysAAOxyvSVREOrg
Or maybe this one, same seller
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRIDGEPORT...877268?hash=item19d7cf6b54:g:KmwAAMXQsK1Q3z4f

Last edited:
Here are a few of mine...

004.JPG

005.JPG

I shortened one of the quill handles, kept hitting vise, and I made the extension for the DRO

006.JPG

Installed a power drawbar

007.JPG

Replaced the factory quill dro with a Mitutoyo, VERY accurate, highly recommended!

008.JPG

Installed a sturdy depth gauge on the quill, I can also keep it extended with the bottom stop.

009.JPG

Installed a LED ring light.

Nice mods, I stole your ring-light idea! How did you mount the power drawbar? Did you modify the eBay version and drill/tap the head?. Nicely done, it’s an amazing amount of machine for the money.

Back