PM 932 oiling question

Jay-z

Active User
Registered
I'm hoping that someone could shed a little light on this subject. I am having trouble oiling the rear side of the table for the X axis. There seems to be a DRO scale in the way covering the oiling ball. I have tried my best with the oilcan and fingers to see that it is sufficiently lubed, but I feel it is just not the same as using the oil port. So is there some simple way to alleviate this problem? I would really rather not disassemble the machine and re-drill an oil port. There must be a simple solution out there somewhere. Jay image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm hoping that someone could shed a little light on this subject. I am having trouble oiling the rear side of the table for the X axis. There seems to be a DRO scale in the way covering the oiling ball. I have tried my best with the oilcan and fingers to see that it is sufficiently lubed, but I feel it is just not the same as using the oil port. So is there some simple way to alleviate this problem? I would really rather not disassemble the machine and re-drill an oil port. There must be a simple solution out there somewhere. Jay View attachment 82019

If you have the DRO, you cannot access the oil hole. In that case, just smear oil with your finger. The DRO does a very good job of keeping swarf out of that under-side area and it will stay surprisingly clean down there. Also, if you level your table relative to the horizon, the oil will not drip off to one side and will remain in place. I've been doing it this way for 5 years on my machine and the table has yet to need a significant amount of tram adjustment....

Ray

Okay, I will just keep oiling it the way that I have been. The simpler the better. Thanks Ray.

Back