Pm-932 power table feed

springer

Active User
Registered
So just got my pm-932 set back up and the table power feed isn't working right. If I press the button for the fast feed it works fine. If I just try to move it left or right by using the dial to speed it up or slow it down, it doesn't work. In one direction, it will move about 5 degrees or so, but then stops.

Is there a problem in the switch/dial or what is going on? Any ideas?

So just got my pm-932 set back up and the table power feed isn't working right. If I press the button for the fast feed it works fine. If I just try to move it left or right by using the dial to speed it up or slow it down, it doesn't work. In one direction, it will move about 5 degrees or so, but then stops.

Is there a problem in the switch/dial or what is going on? Any ideas?

Give Matt a call. My power feed died just before the three year warranty was up. Matt said send it to him and he would repair it or send me a new one. About ten days later my repaired power feed showed up.

Tom S.

Sweet, I had planned in it but thought maybe someone else had the problem and fixed it. I'll just give him a call Monday. Thanks!!

TomS, do you know what was wrong with yours? I talked to Matt about it and he had me check a couple things to no avail. He then offered to send me a new unit for $189, good deal but don't have the money right now. I think my machine only came with a two year warranty and probably lapsed this last fall.

I have a ALSGS power feed on my PM45M. It's been a while since I took mine apart but regardless you might have a different brand. If you're lucky it might be a simple issue.

Check to see if the potentiometer is fully plugged into the board. It may be hardwired though. If it is check for loose connections first, them check the ohms of the potentiometer with a multimeter & see if you get varying resistance when turning the knob.

Thanks darkzero, mine is an Asong. I took it apart and nothing looked out of sorts. It I didn't put a meter on it because I don't really know what wires to check. I check that out later today and see what I come up with.

TomS, do you know what was wrong with yours? I talked to Matt about it and he had me check a couple things to no avail. He then offered to send me a new unit for $189, good deal but don't have the money right now. I think my machine only came with a two year warranty and probably lapsed this last fall.

I didn't ask so I don't know what failed. I would check with Matt on your warranty. IIRC the three year warranty started with the intro of the 932.

Tom S.

Just looked through my old emails from ray, who I went through and looks like I took delivery 3 years ago in march/April. Figures, I'm always just outside something good like that.

Back