PM-932m Bearing Swap..

navav2002

Registered
Registered
My spindle seals are leaking on my PM-932m so I have to replace them. I figured while I was in there I would upgrade to some nicer bearings. It would run me @ $150 for a complete set of Nachi brand bearings from VXB Bearings.com. To go with NSK bearings would be @ $250 from Motion Industries. SFK bearings are another brand I know are suppose to be good.

Anyone have any input on quality bearings??

First, verify if your bearings are really leaking. Often times, they are not. If you oil or lube the spindle shaft at the top of the head, the oil leaks down the spline and it dribbles out the bottom a couple days later. It pools-up where the rubber bumper circumscribes the spindle support.

I worked with Matt for a few years and in all that time, I personally never saw a confirmed case where the spindle bearings were actually leaking. It was always runoff from lubing the splined upper part of the spindle.

Ray

Yes, I am sure my spindle seals are leaking. I also have a bearing that is howling from time to time (since day one).

Thank you for the information Ray!!
BTW:
I wached your power draw bar video along with some of the other guys videos. I will be doing that mod and thanks for the information and inspiration!!

Last edited:
Back