PM-932M-PDF Power Downfeed Remove-Clean-Replace

Hello All (or whoever is still reading or searching for info) (8 years late is better than never. :D). I just spent a few hours tearing down the pdf on my 932 prompted by chasing down an oil leak. It was as nasty as a cat's litter box.. Good job Ray but I'd like to add that I removed the dial actuator spur gear assembly and worm gear shaft and gears for a complete inspection. It never seemed to work smoothly. At the very center of the spur gear shaft is a spring and pawl key *seemed to be somewhat hardened) held in situ with there own 1 or 2mm pin held in the center slot of the shaft. I removed the pawl key and stoned it smooth on the surface that rides on the spring and the "ramp" part that engages the key way of the gears. The machining marks were like an old fashioned washboard. The one end of the spring was getting a lot of wear, at least a 1/4 of the diameter of the spring wire loop. On the actuator gear shaft (knob end) I deepened the pip mark that times the shaft with a center drill by around .010". The knob kept slipping was the reason for doing so. I haven't put it back on the mill head yet because I need to address the loose copper oiler tube as a last step. The rest works and engages not like butter but maybe prime rib. If the inside of the worm gear shaft would have been reamed and or honed smooth then maybe like butter...

Back