PM-935TV Base Dimensions

bretthl

Registered
Registered
Hi,

I have ordered a PM-935TV mill and need to build a mobile base before it arrives. Can someone please provide the dimensions of the base (where it meets the floor) and the X-Y and ID of the four holes for hold down bolts?

The dimensions of the base can be found in the manual, on page three. And as my 935 literally 'sits' inside the stand, I don't use those bolt-holes you speak of.

Are you trying to bolt the mill to your stand?

The Manual! What a novel idea, thanks!! Right there on page 3. I need to order a piece of 1/2" steel plate for the mobile base and that will take a couple of days.

Yes, I will bolt the base to a mobile base (that is the plan anyway). I noticed that a lot of users elevate this machine so why not on a mobile base that will assist me in moving it into my shop. I plan to uncrate the machine on my low rider flat bed trailer, lift the machine with a chain hoist, install the mobile base (machine bolted down), back up to my shop and roll the machine down the tail gate under control of a belay line.

The stand for my mill was made by a friend, and he put both levelers and heavy-duty wheels on it. You should have seen the movers getting this thing down the ramp from the semi. :eek:

And they only managed to bust one leveler... :mad:

Not sure where you are going to get the dimensions for the bolt holes. I could go out to the shop (still drinking my morning coffee in front of the computer...) and give you their spacing with a tape measure, but that won't give you the relational numbers between them and the bottom of the base.

Yeah I see your point there and I can measure those my self and drill them in short order. I just need to be prepared to at least get the machine in my shop.

Sorry, I'm still waking up, so I went out and looked at my stand. I had mine confused in my head with someone else's design, in that mine literally sits on top of some square tubing.

IIRC, when Chris brought it over to the house, we lifted the machine and set in on the stand, and then he used some long drill bits to drill the bolt holes in the stand, using the holes in the base as guides. Leastways that is how I remember it. Now.

IMG_0680.jpg

Now where's my coffee... :)

Yeah, that looks nice! I justed ordered a piece of 1/2" x 27" x 40" plate from my local steel supplier. Will attach 5" dia. cast iron swivel casters at each corner. Should be strong enough to survive the move and then provide a good base. It is that or rent a fork lift.

BTW, are you still satisfied with your 935? I went with the variable speed version in two phase. I can't believe I have lived my life without a mill.

I bought the three-phase TS (step-pulley) version of the 935 and stuck a VFD in the base. The step-pulley head is less complex, meaning fewer moving parts, i.e., cheaper to rebuild, and very quiet running.

I basically put the belt in the middle position and use the variable speed of the VFD to control spindle speed, and so far, have not needed to move it.

LOVE my 935. It will out-last me more than likely. :D

I received my PM 935tv a few weeks ago. Here is the base I built using FootMaster casters with screw jacks. Casters are model GDH3, rated at 1540 lbs each.

Attachments

• IMG_0566.jpeg
    IMG_0566.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0564.jpeg
    IMG_0564.jpeg
    525.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0585.jpeg
    IMG_0585.jpeg
    598.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Back