PM backorders

tsipa740

Registered
Registered
UPD: Apparently deposit is refundable and PM very responsive and willing to help.

Hello, folks.
I put deposit for few machines which was on backorder in spring of 2021, the ETA was late summer of 2021. Then PM changed ETA to late fall of 2021 and now changed ETA to spring of 2022 which is 1 year since i put the deposit. Seems like deposit is non-returnable and now i cannot go for another machine and cannot get the machine i ordered.

Have anyone else been in this kind of situation? I mean, okay, i can wait a month or two more, but it was already delay +300% of original estimate. I don't see any reasons they not to wait till i die in my late 80th and don't need the machine anymore so they can take my deposit.

BTW, I was stupid enough to put full deposit for a machine.

Last edited:
well, then your post sounds like there is no solution.
you need to talk to him before making a post like this. if he is not willing to refund you then yea.. I think he has enough orders that he can move someone up... so talk to him first.

Sure. Just in case - i'm not saying that PM is no responsive or something, they was helpful during the initial conversation. I'm trying to estimate how common is that and what people typically do in this case.

Right now unfortunately delays are ridiculously common all over. Its about 45% change to another model, 45% wait (Usually not that long though), and maybe 10% cancel. As an estimate. But you are free to do whatever works for you. Nobody is ever stuck in a case like this. Our normal policy is fully refundable (Fully other than if you paid with Paypal, Paypal keeps the 2.9% Paypal fee which I HATE) if more than 3 weeks later than we estimated when ordered.

Okay, thanks, i though it's non refundable and i stuck for next half a year. I will see what options i have on the market and will ask for refund or will stick with PM option for the next god know how long if there nothing comparable on the market. I changed OP post to ensure that will not affect PM reputation or something. Feel free to delete the thread if you think it still looks like a bad PR.

Back