PM backorders

PM's website is very clear on this issue as far as I can tell, and they are more than fair with their cancellation policy as it's stated.

Well, I've found Matt and his team are VERY flexible and cool to work with, I will purchase from them again in a heartbeat!
I am in the Biomedical Support business in the Caribbean, this means we are in the middle of nowhere and everything for my business has to be imported. Since Covid19, shipping logistics is a nightmare. Before Covid19 I could receive stuff shipped from Florida in 3-days. Now, it's 3-weeks if I'm lucky and shipping rates are through the roof. I bought my mill at precisely the right time, as luck would have it and at a very good shipping rate. Would hate to have to ship something like that now.

When I ordered a PM1127 lathe I ran into similar issues - shipping dates got pushed back. Just the state of the world these days. I worked with the PM team to upgrade my order to a PM1236 (after some negotiations with the wife) and was able to get the machine around the original time I was hoping for.

PM is great. Just call/email the folks and they'll work with ya.

after some negotiations with the wife
OK, come clean, what did it cost you?
As for shipping/deliveries, my business is still struggling to get some hardware items. Suppliers are trying to ease the pain but getting 1/3 of an order and then waiting even longer doesn't help much.

Hearing these stories are making me grateful my orders from PM were placed during a sweet-spot of availability (October 2020). But then, I did not get my mill in the full trim I wanted (with pedestal base and DRO); in that time frame they were on backorder. I did get the X-axis power feed with the PM728vt. I fabricated a table and am installing a DRO from a different source. I guess the message for now is "strike while the iron is hot".

Back