PM BS-1 dividing head. Review?

Hey guys, They are made in China, But, there are tons of makers of these, copys after copys after copys. Some are as good, some are really bad. (well I guess this one was a copy of the original Brown and Sharp unit to start with I believe) We have had very good luck with them, no complaints. I use one myself (when the need comes up, but its really not that much anymore) The only question we ever really get about them is how do you mount the handle in to the arm. But once people realize its spring loaded and you have to pull that part out first, then it makes sense. I scratched my head on that at first too, so we are making an instruction sheet with a picture showing it. I will let anyone who has one comment about it other than me. End user reviews from people who are not selling it are much better than mine!

Well I went ahead and ordered the PM BS-0 dividing head because I really want to try making gears, and that isn't happening without a dividing head.

I don't have experience with other dividing heads, so not sure how helpful it will be but I will come back to comment on this one when it arrives and again after using it.

I have the PM BS-0. Have used it many times. Quality is decent for a Chinese product. My only complaint is the sector spring interferes with the head of the locking screw on the sector arms. when re-clocking the arms. May just be an issue with mine and not others. When it annoys me enough I will fix it.

Back