PM knee mills with Z axis power feed

Firstgear

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I didn’t get the Z axis power feed with my PM950. I have it on the X & Y axis and find it to be really convenient. Anyone have a PM knee mill with Z axis power feed? Which unit do you have as the power feed? Comments and experiences?

I have the Align power feeders on all three axis on my PM935. They are the best feeders on the market IMO - far better than the mainland china versions - especially if you're trying to control feed rates on the table axis to less than 3 IPM. At the time I bought my feeders, I got them through Eisen, but since then I believe Precision Matthews has started carrying the Align line as well.

Here's my feeder installation build sequence for reference - including the knee feeder (each photo has a description with it):

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmoK65ZQ

Now that you know the knee height adjustment is threaded right hand, you can employ a simpler technique to get it removed. At the time I did my install, I wasn't clear if that shaft was threaded right/left, or perhaps pinned, so I removed the entire shaft.

For Z, I use a 3D printed adapter to connect to a drill. Then switch back to the handle for fine adjustment. The Bridgeport connector is well known, so getting the adapter was easy on Thingiverse.com. The PM might be different.

I have a power feeds on my 935 on both X and Z. Bought both from Matt @PM. They are the earlier feeds (not Align) and do what I need them to do just fine. YMMV.

I have installed Align power feeds on all 3 axis of my PM949. Works well for me, excellent low speed resolution as already mentioned.

Back