PM Mill Accessories

I have seen problems with the cheaper DROs with respect to immunity to electrical noise and bouncing last digits. Also some you cannot set the number of digits, so you get an extra digit that is meaningless. On my lathe ES-12 it came with a plastic cover that fits over the head unit, so it takes a lot of splatter but does not affect the buttons vs. EL700 which cannot be covered. One other note on the Electronica DROs is they come with very short support arms, so on the mill I needed to fabricate a second arm to clear the spindle lever. DRO Pros do sell a second arm extension but do not list it on their site.

I have a little PM727 with the basic PM branded DRO. I don't really need anything with more features, it has decreased my time on the mill by far. My first DRO, its a huge time saver IMO.

I would get one preinstalled, it was worth the $399 to me. I would guess PM would put a nicer model DRO on if you ask, its only money right! Now I want a DRO on my lathe....

I have a little PM727 with the basic PM branded DRO. I don't really need anything with more features, it has decreased my time on the mill by far. My first DRO, its a huge time saver IMO.

I would get one preinstalled, it was worth the $399 to me. I would guess PM would put a nicer model DRO on if you ask, its only money right! Now I want a DRO on my lathe....

It took a bit to get a DRO on my lathe, but once on there, it ain't coming off. :D

In this day and age, it just makes sense (to me) to take advantage of the technology if you can. Kinda like using a calculator or computer for math instead of a abacus or slide rule (I used both growing up...).

Back