PM1130VF

Philzy

Registered
Registered
Got my “arrived at our warehouse” email. I ordered the DRO version and paired it with the 932M-PDF-w/3axDRO. Hopefully both ship by the end of the month.

I know this is supposed to be a new model but wasn’t there an 1130VF-LB a few years back?

“We are happy to say that the PM1130VF Lathe that you have been waiting
on has arrived at our warehouse. We are beginning our inspections on
these machines, running them and looking them over to make sure they are
up to our standards. Since this model is a new model, it will take us
about a week or so before we start filling any back orders at all, while
our staff inspects the upgraded model.”

I got the same email when they shipped my mill. do they really uncrate these, inspect and run them? I made the assumption that the crate was from china by the poor quality plywood and the assembly. there was no way I could open the crate without damaging the thin overlapping single veneer on the corners. so how would PM uncrate them and remove the machines without doing the same? are these machines shipped in the container without crates? is PM building these crates?

Last edited:
I agree. I doubt they inspect every single crate that comes through their warehouse. I imagine it’s a spotcheck. Maybe 1 in 10 actually get checked. Hopefully, since this is a relatively new model and it’s their first shipment of this model, they’ll take the extra time to make sure it was done right.

I agree with Philzy. They may look at one in 10 or maybe even 1 in 50. As you have experienced, the crates are impossible to get apart without destroying them.
In this case, they may take one and look it over just to determine overall build quality and if it is up to what they spec'd out.

Got my “arrived at our warehouse” email. I ordered the DRO version and paired it with the 932M-PDF-w/3axDRO. Hopefully both ship by the end of the month.

I know this is supposed to be a new model but wasn’t there an 1130VF-LB a few years back?

“We are happy to say that the PM1130VF Lathe that you have been waiting
on has arrived at our warehouse. We are beginning our inspections on
these machines, running them and looking them over to make sure they are
up to our standards. Since this model is a new model, it will take us
about a week or so before we start filling any back orders at all, while
our staff inspects the upgraded model.”
I got the same email.

Well, I got my shipping email and tracking numbers. Should have both the mill and the lathe hopefully sometime next week. We’ll see.

If they don't open the crates, how do the accessories you add to your order end up inside? Asking for a friend...

Back