PM1340 Threading dial quesition

With mine the lines do line up so it doesn't need adjustment like yours. Looking at the cosmoline build up I should take mine apart just to clean that up. I didn't take the carriage or compound apart when new, just cleaned up as best I could with it fully assembled. I bet it would run better if it got a complete disassembly and cleaning. I know some of the oil ports will not accept oil so they could be plugged with cosmoline. I just oil the ways on those areas right now. I'm 66 so I doubt I will wear anything out during my lifetime, next owner can deal with it if they so desire.

Glad I opened this thread, I removed and cleaned my dial, the brass gear coated with paint and hard, dirty cosmoline or grease-oid material, real mess Cleaned up lightly polished and re-greased
F5EFFEC3-B69A-4471-9553-C836D1BCE43C.jpeg

GREAT thread! My 1340GT dial was only off a little but it's always bugged me. I followed your instructions and now it's dead on! The only difference is the shaft on my dial didn't have a hole in it, but I took care of that!!:cool:

Back