PM1440 GT spindle Taper??

Fc911c

Registered
Registered
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone can confirm what size taper is the Spindle on a 1440GT. They specs say MT5 but that doesn't seem right with a 2" bore.

Thanks for the help

Might try contacting Matt directly to verify. He responds to email pretty quick usually.

Mine is MT-6.

With a 2" bore it's got to be MT6. Their other lathes with 2" bores are MT6.

Thanks that's what I figured. The Pdf says MT5 ? I sent Matt an email also. Thanks again.

Hi all

Matt contacted me and said it's a 5 1/2 taper. I can't find any information on it, the only odd size I can find is 4 1/2.

Thanks
Frank

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone can confirm what size taper is the Spindle on a 1440GT. They specs say MT5 but that doesn't seem right with a 2" bore.

Thanks for the help
The lathe probably comes with an adapter sleeve to fit the spindle, usually sized to fit the also supplied tailstock center. Has it gone missing, or are you window shopping?

Hi
Yes it does come with an adaptor but that does not help me. I have two 5c collet spindle adapters, one to fit a MT5 and the other MT6. So there pretty much useless to me.

I have a 1440GT on the way. So will I be able to put a MT5 taper chuck in the spindle? I sure hope so as I have ordered an ER32 collet set with an MT5 ER32 chuck, and have plans for other MT5 tooling.

Even if I have to use an adapter sleeve (is one included?) to use MT5 toolign that is still less than ideal due to tolerance stacking. The spec sheet says MT5 Spindle taper so I am under the understanding that I will be able to put MT5 tooling directly into the spindle.

I think Matt is on a, well deserved, break. Hopefully when he gets back we can get some clarity here.

Cheers

John

Back