Pm1440gs not running, advise needed

I'm as baffled as ever. I plugged the #15 wire into what Mark has labeled km2. Just where hozzie shows his . Lathe powers up, but only reverse, no forward.
Pump for coolant seems to be working now

Hey Rich, I am 99% sure that I know where to tell you to put it, but I want to make sure that I am 100% first. I will have them double check in the morning, and then email you where to connect that wire.

Check and see if there is a jumper between KM2 A1 and KM1 A1, most likely this also became disconnected at KM2 A1. This would explain why only reverse working. Per Matt, as to follow-up.
Mark

I think ied tighten all the connections in the cabinet, once you figure out where the wire goes.

Did you get it going? Hopefully it was just a wire out of place.

It's back to nothing again. Not sure what to do, my hours and pm's are different.

Decided to delete some of this post, I am a tad bit frustrated right now, luck of the draw, my machine has a couple kinks to it... things like this happen.
Be thankful, you got a running machine... right now I am big time down in the dumps over this...

Rich

Last edited:
Most recent update, I called pm, talked with Matt, looks like the physical forward switch is broken, when I pulled the motor control switches out of the motor control shaft, parts of the forward switch fell down into the chip pan.

I sent a blurry picture from my cell phone off to pm... hopefully this resolves everything and my stress level decreases. People from jersey should not be allowed to talk to Midwesterners lol. They don't understand the dry wit.

Oh well
Hopefully will be running the lathe by next weekend.

Rich

Did you get it going?? I hope the switch fixed it for you. I can only imagine how I would feel in your shoes...Hope you get her going and have some fun!!

Back