Pm1440gs not running, advise needed

Hey Rich,
Based on what you are describing (and looking closer at the switch), it sounds like a travel issue as the switch is physically broken (under the roller with the other end pushed up). If a contact issue then the switch would remain intact. There is not enough current to damage the switch, I do not feel that the wiring harness is an issue. I would see if there is a way to see the travel of the cam relative to the switch (also check the cam dimension against the reverse cam). I would order in some Omron Z-15EW22-B switches from mouser, I have used similar limit switches before and they are well made. But, it is very possible that the switch is being over traveled and breaking the switch. Things like this happen, it is not a perfect world, but otherwise it looks to be a very nice lathe.
Take care,
Mark

Thanks mark, I appreciate your help and time on this. I ordered 2 sets of 2, 1 from the eBay seller and 1 from mouser . The other set can be used on my enco lathe, the rotary encoder on it is a pos.
I'll check into alignment when the set of switches arrives. For now I just think I am going to reverse them electrically. Hopefully I get a couple of days use out of this machine.

She seems pretty solid and strong, I was slowly working my way up to .100 cut with a cnmg tool holder and insert. Hope to finish my feet for her so I can get her all dialed in tomorrow.

Thanks again
Rich

Just be sure not to do anything with the electrical, its not electrical if the plastic is breaking, as I think you guys figured out. Look where the cam hits that switch, it might be going too far and breaking it somehow. Its only 24V there, not enough to hurt a switch

I have more switches I can send you on Monday or I can send one from McMaster if needed, they are $11. Or send me the receipt for that one from mouser and we will take care of it. https://www.mcmaster.com/#7090k41/=18tbuxx That one from mcmaster is it, but the mounting holes are just slightly too small, just need a drill ran through and then it works.

It sucks dealing with something like this, for both of us. A damn plastic switch causing a headache.

No problems matt, I reversed the wires so that the reversed is now the forward. It's been running solid for about an hour. Fingers crossed.

I'll check the cam when the new ones come in, honestly not sure how to do that though.

Rich

I feel for you Rich. I thought these machines were supposed to be run before there shipped so the customer would get a running machine.

Back